Senator Hassan has the honor of nominating exceptional New Hampshire students to the U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Air Force Academy, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, and West Point. To compete for a spot at one of the service academies, students must be nominated by a member of the Congressional Delegation. Students should apply for a nomination during the spring of their junior year of high school.
These service academies are designed to put young men and women through extreme challenges to prepare them to serve the country, while also helping them reach their full potential. By considering applying to one of the service academies, you have started on your path to a courageous and honorable career and a high-quality education.
Our office receives numerous applications from outstanding students, and we encourage students to also contact Senator Jeanne Shaheen’s office as well as the office of either Representative Ann McLane Kuster or Representative Carol Shea-Porter. Qualified candidates only need one nomination. If another office has selected you for a nomination, please notify our office immediately. Please ensure that you have started the application process with the respective academy you wish to attend while you are working with our office.
Finished applications are due on October 12, 2018 for the 2018-2019 cycle.
Please take a moment to read the information below to begin the application process with our office.
- Must be a legal New Hampshire resident and U.S. Citizen
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 23 as of July 1st of year of entry (Note: Age limit is 25 for the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy)
- Must be unmarried, not pregnant, and have no dependents
- Personal statement in your own words explaining why you want to attend a service academy
- Two letters of recommendation, which must be original, dated, and signed
- Official high school transcripts
- SAT/ACT scores (Recipient codes to use: SAT 3744 / ACT 7157)
For questions regarding the nomination process please contact:
14 Manchester Square, Suite 140
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Service Academy Contact Information
2304 Cadet Dr, Ste 2300
USAF Academy, CO 80840-5651
United States Military Academy at West Point
Director of Admissions
606 Thayer Road
West Point, NY 10996-9902
300 Steamboat Road
Kings Point, NY 11024
United States Naval Academy
52 King James St
Annapolis, MD 21402